The Musings of Meri

random thoughts to help me escape the ho-hum of everyday life...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 16, 2006

What have I been up to, you ask?

This set -- its a 12mos raglan in the round, a medium longies, and toddler felted mocs (as yet unfelted) -- all LTK patterns. These are half of an order for a dear friend of mine. There will soon be pictures of a matching set in size 3T. Love how the set came out! The colors are great. Love the patterns. The yarn is from WEBS -- Valley Yarns Berkshire for the mocs and Berkshire Bulky for the raglan, and The Great Adirondack Montana wool for the pants. These lovely pants took a bit more time than anticipated. Had to reknit a leg that striped up (actually didn't stripe) differently. They are large picky pants in lovely aran BFL from Cinnamon*Stitches. I really like them! Wish they were for my kid! ha ha
Had to whip up some gifts this week, too. My son turns 3 tomorrow, and his in-home therapy ended today. So, his four therapists that have been working with him for the last months each received a cotton washcloth with some lovely WAHM soap from Sweet n Sudsy. The washcloth is the "Swatch-Cloth" pattern from Wooly Wonders - and is awesome! Very quick to knit -- but not boring. Just folded the cloths in half diagonally, put the soap in the center, and wrapped in tissue paper tied shut with a piece of the yarn used for the washcloths. Paired with a nice note, and all set. I'm going to miss those ladies.
Didn't make him this week -- but tomorrow is his 3rd birthday, so his coming into the world is much on my mind. Seriously, he and his sister (and the new sibling to be announced in just another month!) are the best things that I've ever made (with a little help from a very special man) -- and I thank God for them always.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home