The Musings of Meri

random thoughts to help me escape the ho-hum of everyday life...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A day in the life of.... part 2

well, yesterday got busier than I expected... sorta... so I didn't end up finishing the blog!

I did reheat some coffee and leftover noodles for lunch - also started the bread while I was at it. Then, I signed in to my instant messaging service - my sister-in-law was on, and I spent a good part of the rest of the day messaging her. Of course, it was very interrupted... message a while, go punch down bread dough... message some more, get some more milk for the little girl... message a bit, check the forums, punch down bread dough... you kinda get the picture.

My sister came home briefly a bit before 2pm, then left again. Baby boy woke shortly after 2, and little girl fell asleep on the floor a few minutes before 3. Big boy got home from school a few minutes after three (I did remember to throw a pair of jeans on before I had to walk down to the bus!)... all this during the message and do other things period of time. Sadly, I didn't get any more knitting done.

By 5pm, it was obvious that my sister was taking longer visiting a friend than I had thought - a text message confirmed that she would likely NOT be home when she had said she would, and that threw a major wrench in my cooking plans. I did get one meal cooked and packaged for the freezer, as well as the bread baked. Also made a pan of brownies. by 5:30, I hadn't started our own dinner, the kids were all fighting and climbing all over me and each other, and SIL and I were still attempting to message a bit. Every two minutes, I had to get up and pull the little boy away from Daddy's computer. Hubby called and was forced to endure my narration about how things were going... the man is a saint for loving me in spite of my sometimes complaining nature.

Daddy got home a bit after six, and I called my friend at the hospital to see if she'd still like me to come visit. I had to make something for our dinner still, but she said that a visit would be good. She also said that the food would be much more needed next week, so it turned out okay that I hadn't finished as much as I'd planned. Cooked and then ate dinner with my hubby, then fixed my hair, grabbed the brownies and one loaf of bread, and headed to the hospital. Made it there a mere 15 minutes before visiting hours ended, and sat and visited with my friends...

I ended up staying at the hospital until nearly midnight to help my friend. Her fiance had to go home, and the baby is no longer a patient there, so she was going to be on her own overnight. I remember c-section recovery, and I couldn't stand to leave her with no help. She was more than happy to have me stay. I helped her a bit with pumping and maneuvering back to her bed, and then took the baby until his 11:30 feeding, and gave him the bottle that he needed at that time. Once he was fed and sleeping again, I headed home - just before midnight.

I got home exhausted, but found my children sleeping - which they did all night. What a blessing!! Finally collapsed into bed about quarter til 1, only to have a night of less-than-restful sleep that ended at 7, when my sis came up to get herself ready for work... yes, the coffee was ready when I got up... but a few more minutes of sleep would have been preferred to the noise of it being set up. another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home