The Musings of Meri

random thoughts to help me escape the ho-hum of everyday life...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I like to move it, move it...

... I think I listen to that song ten times a day, easy. For anyone not familiar with it, its a song on Madagascar. We borrowed the movie from my sister, and my kids love the song -- the lovely creators of the DVD even went so far as to put a music video of the song on the DVD special features... and my children want to watch it over and over and over and over... I lie not -- even my ten and a half month old daughter dances to the song, and fusses when it is over. And my two year old? I think he has some talent -- he may dabble in break dancing.

So with the words "move it, move it" constantly running in my mind, I tend to feel more depressed when I get little done in a day! My MM list has been sorely neglected for three weeks now. I have a pile of "almost finished" projects that just need washed or felted -- and that requires being away from my baby for a few minutes -- something that she does not appreciate these days. I think she is reverting back to the needs she had as a newborn, minus the constant sleeping.

So, yes, I have some nearly finished things that I have time to glance at, but not really finish... Five pairs of mocs in need of felting. A hat in need of washing. A pair of shorts in need of lanolizing. Yarn in need of winding -- ah! But this I can do! My ball winder is right in the living room and that should be agreeable with the Little Miss. So, I have nine more (out of eleven total) balls of KnitPicks Elegance to wind into center pull skeins before Feb. 10th -- with a challenge like the Kimono sweater ahead of me for the Olympics, there is NO way I'm wasting time winding balls DURING the games! That counts as prep work/training most definitely!

It is seriously almost February. I was blindsided by that fact yesterday, when I was thinking about our next SweetKnits stocking -- a Valentine's theme, of course. But I thought I still had a whole week to prepare. Nope. February begins TOMORROW! *insert jaw dropping* I have a semi-custom for pants/shorts/capris ready to list, and I will possibly be listing a semi-custom for soakers... But listing semi-customs this close to the Olympics is dangerous! Must make sure that I can fulfill my commitments... I do want to have some mocs and stripey slippers to list -- of course, last night I was delayed on a slipper a bit because I needed to do a swatch for another project.

In my head, it all seems very attainable. I'm not stressing yet. *ha ha* I can do this. I have a custom order to fulfill this week, but it shouldn't take long once started. Then the semi-custom. So as long as the kids stay healthy and happy, and I don't come down with the plague, I should be able to get it done, and even still get to sleep at night!

And after the Olympics -- well, between knitting projects, we'll be breaking out the sewing machine! My little girl is almost one, and I have yet to start her birthday quilt! I looked through my stash of quilting squares (from my ebay craze of two years ago...) but wasn't in love with anything. Some online friends were talking about Amy Butler fabrics, so I had to go to ebay yet again and check out what was there... Quite a bit of money later, I have NINE yards of Amy Butler fabrics (all in one yard pieces), and in that stash of gorgeous cloth, there is the perfect blanket for my little princess. This will be the front, and this will be the back. I bought pink satin blanket edging. For the "quilting," I'll go around some of the paisley shaping on the front fabric (either with the machine or by hand -- haven't decided yet...).

Cheating? probably. Gorgeous? most definitely! Soft? um, yeah... this fabric is yummy! Only the best for my little girl, even though mommy is so busy with knitting that she has to take the easy way out...

And the other AB fabrics? Well, I have plans for those -- and you'll see them eventually...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home