The Musings of Meri

random thoughts to help me escape the ho-hum of everyday life...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 03, 2006

progress check...

I've been trying to finish up some loose ends around here lately. I managed to get the shorts and flirty for my daughter's (late) birthday party done. Also finally got around to felting some mocs for an order. Now just have to sew leather bottoms to them. Don't have pics for those, though...

Now for the picture progress. We'll start with orders:

First: a size 6mos easy peasy in 2ply LTK farm yarn. The colorway is Cotton Candy, and I love it. This is part of a set, so I'll be posting another picture when the order is complete.
Next: The sleeves of a hooded sweater. The front and back are complete -- just have the sleeves and the hood to do left, then the making up. I have to admit, I'm really disliking this project. But, its for a very dear friend and for that reason alone, I'm pushing onward. It LionBrand Homespun yarn in "Roccoco" -- I'm having fits with the yarn, though. Splits and it feels plasticy. I'll be glad when it is done. And I hope to never knit with this yarn again. Some may love it, but I don't. Soooo.... if anyone would like some purple Homespun, drop me a comment. I'll send it to you for FREE!!! (and S, if you read this, I do like how the sweater is coming out -- just don't like the yarn! ha ha)
NOW to the fun stuff! I've been knitting so much for my daughter, and my poor son has been neglected. So, I've made a commitment to make three things for him by Easter. And I finished the first thing today!

These are Stripey Slippers in "Dragonfly" BFL yarn from Nada. Lovely stuff, and my boy picked it out himself. (well, sort of. I put three balls of yarn in front of him, and thats the one he grabbed). Glad to finally have some cute slippers for his feet, since we can never seem to find a matching pair of socks for the kid. I swear, my cat has a pile of socks stashed away somewhere, because it takes us 30 minutes to find two socks that sort of match.

Along those lines, here are the socks I'm knitting for my boy. The first is done, and the second, well, got a long way to go on that one, but I've been busy with other things. Not second sock syndrome, though -- because I really do want to knit it. Just have other commitments that HAVE to be fulfilled first. They won't fit him for long, unfortunately. I should have made the foot a bit longer. Will do that for the next pair.
So, that's it for me! Oh!!! And I'm having a "yarn sale" -- trying to bust some of my stash. Here's the link if anyone is interested! Yarny Goodness!

1 Comments:

Blogger GailV said...

Love the Stripey Slippers! And I'm with you on the Hoomespun. I've knit several things out of it (I'm a glutton for punishment), and only once has it been an okay experience.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home