The Musings of Meri

random thoughts to help me escape the ho-hum of everyday life...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Did I finish?

Sadly, I did not. I gave it my all, but I did not finish my Olympic sweater. Apparently, my children saw the Olympics as a perfect time to become the two most needy young'uns in the state. They both have been cutting new teeth. My youngest has become a nursing fiend, nursing anywhere from 3-5 times in the 6 hour period of time that I call "night." So, with sleep constantly interrupted, and next to NO knitting time during the day, my sweater suffered the consequences.

I am close, though. I have a couple more inches of stockinette to do on the second sleeve. Then I have to wash and block, and seam. The final part after that is the cabled neckband. I do plan to finish. Not sure when, though.

I'm overwhelmed with store orders right now. Several trades that I have to finish my end of, as well as several orders. And my daughter turns one in a week and a half -- so I have several things that I want to make for her before her party (which will be after her birthday, fortunately). I did the basic construction of her birthday blanket. I would LOVE to knit her a Swing Thing (pattern by Theresa of Little Turtle Knits that was featured in MagKnits in January), as well as a couple pairs of shorts or capris to go with two shirts I had made for her.

BUT -- time is running out. And I'm having gauge issues with some of these store orders. When it takes a half a week to complete the knitting of ONE felted moc, and the gauge STILL isn't right... well, things can get hairy. And unfortunately, personal knitting (i.e. first birthday presents) must be put on hold. *sigh* It comes with the territory, though. And thankfully, Emma is turning one, not ten, and she will not remember if I had her things done ON her birthday or a bit later. Right? (please, tell me she won't remember. I'm already beating myself up enough...)

Will post pics in my next entry -- hopefully LOTS of pictures of LOTS of FO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home