The Musings of Meri

random thoughts to help me escape the ho-hum of everyday life...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 20, 2006

Poor sick kids!

Yup, our house has been hit with a virus. First to be attacked was my son -- poor little guy was sick as a dog for a couple days last week. When he got better by the end of the weekend, and the baby was still healthy, I thought for sure we were in the clear...

... think again. She is now sick. Not as bad as her brother was, but bad enough. Poor little girl.

Needless to say, with the sickness has come lots of cuddling and shushing and rocking, and running at every cry, and laundry... oh, the laundry... it was neverending before -- and its 100 times worse now.

So, knitting has taken back seat this week. I did manage to knit up a few pairs of mocs for a trade, and I've got another order almost done. But thats about it. And there has been no time for pictures...

My mom is giving me a much needed break tomorrow, though! After tending to sick children for a week, my mom is babysitting while I go to a knitting drop-in at WEBS. I'm so excited! I've got my "Knit Socks" book all ready -- I went through and put sticky notes on the pages that I'm considering trying, with the prices of the yarn from WEBS. Love their website search engine. ha ha I think I'll probably end up doing the toddler socks -- the second pattern in the book. It calls for Dalegarn yarn, which I *think* is the same thing as Dale of Norway? It looks to be the same weight and yardage. So, that's the plan. I can't wait...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home